Thank you for visiting my website.
I am a certified Hatha Yoga & Pranayama Instructor and have been teaching for around 15 years. I have done Teachers Training Courses in Detroit, USA and in Vivekananda Ashram (sVYASA), Bangalore.
I was in the IT industry 18 years ago and was suffering from back pain. I healed with Yoga therapy and instruction from a wonderful teacher named Johnny Kest in Detroit.
That was the start of my journey with Yoga, as a personal practice and to help others suffering from pain.
I believe the practice of Yoga has to encompass Asana practice, Pranayama, and Meditation. It's a time to step away from the worries of the world, give ourselves permission to breathe, still the mind, and find our inner center.
My classes include :
- Discussion on Yoga philosophy
- Understanding of the Ashtanga / 8 limbs of Yoga practice
- Cultivating a deeper connection to the seasonal changes and changing the practice to suit these shifts
- Emphasis on Breathing in Asana practice, Co-ordinating the movements with the rhythmic inhalation & exhalations
- Discerning different techniques of Pranayama; how to increase energy, balance energy, and stay in optimum health
- I teach a different Asana sequence every week; with holistic, varied, and balanced sequences.
- You can learn Asanas with weight training, Asanas with a Yoga strap, Asanas with a Yoga block and the regular Vinyasa Yoga flows
- This kind of Yoga practice is ancient, ever-evolving with the changes in one's body and the challenges of Life.
- If you are interested in your lifelong health, flexibility, strength, and preserving vital Life energy, join the classes today! You will love the way you feel!!
I conduct group and private classes in San Ramon, California. My classes cover General Hatha yoga, Specific Therapy classes for Diabetes, Infertility, Prenatal classes for moms-to-be, and Meditation classes.
I am now doing all classes in a Hybrid style, using Zoom and allowing a few students to join in person.
I firmly believe Yoga is a tool for everyone, to be in better health and live happier.
I hope you will join me on this journey towards better health and mindfulness.